Aquila was proudly the first accredited provider of ACD Bio’s RNAscope® technology in Europe.
RNAscope is a novel multiplex nucleic acid in situ hybridization (ISH) assay for detecting and visualising gene expression within intact cells. The assay is a major advance on traditional in situ RNA detection techniques, offering lower background noise with a single RNA molecule level of sensitivity.
We can use RNAscope to help you with:
- Pre-clinical assessment of efficacy and toxicity
- Visualising the expression of target(s) across multiple tissues
- Validating mechanisms of action of novel targets within disease models in tissue samples
- Assessing tumour heterogeneity and the tumour microenvironment
- Studying targets where there is limited availability of reliable antibodies
Highly configurable to your needs, RNAscope works on both formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) and frozen tissue samples.
RNAscope can also be used as a biomarker or companion diagnostic tool. Detecting biomarkers or targets in situ allows you to combine molecular information with histopathology for easier disease classification. The assay is compatible with conventional chromogenic dyes for bright-field microscopy or fluorescent dyes for multiplex analysis.
Please get in touch to discuss how our RNAscope services can help with your biomarker discovery research.